Kidderminster Horticultural Society is run entirely by elected volunteers, whose main aim is to encourage and promote horticulture and all associated activities in the local and surrounding area's, by organising various types of events throughout the year in a warm and friendly social atmosphere.
Below is a list of our core 'Mission Statement' points:
- Organise monthly talks with horticultural guest speakers, covering a vast range of horticultural subjects.
- Publish a regular newsletter to inform readers what the society has been doing, and has planned.
- Provide a Floral Art Class to encourage horticulturists with a passion for flowers to get together on a regular basis to discuss and practice their passion in a friendly social environment.
- Offer trips for members to visit fascinating gardens throughout the UK, to encourage and promote awareness of different horticultural methods.
- Host a Garden Open Day, where volunteer members open their garden to everyone for viewing, in a relaxed, social, and fun event which raises money for local charities.
- Organise Horticultural shows throughout the year, which brings together all aspects of Horticulture (including Flower Displays, Judged Vegetable and Flower Contests) for the general public to attend.